cleaner recommendation

Jul 14, 2011
I am getting a pool cleaner for Christmas (I know it is late but oh well) We have a few dealers here that recommend a few and was looking for your opinions on which one is best. I don't have a booster pump. The dealers recommend a Polaris, a barracuda (I think it was), and a shark (don't really remember if that is right). So which of these would be best, yes money is always a consideration, but I also want a good one. Oh I dont remember if its in my signature so here (20x40 pool, 40k gallons)

I have to again rec the Aquabot. NJ have had 4 (traded in the old ones) and they get everything was large sticks or limbs. The Dolphin is more expensive but same principle.

FL.....in floor but screened in lanai.

Ok so the dealers here sell hayward as well as polaris and pentair. I am looking at either a suction side or robotic. The price of robotic almost eliminates that option though. so which of these brands of suction side or potential robotic is best, Speed doesn't particularly matter, I just want something to clean the walls and floor and something if it breaks I can fix fairly cheap. I know it is debatable but thats what I want. I dont have a lot of twigs, no nuts, some leaves dirt, sand. oh and for some reason spiders Which is kinda gross. anyways what of these brands are best. and which model is best.

The Hayward Navigator is (IMHO) designed to require frequent parts replacement. It's why I switched to ThePoolCLeaner which you can buy online if there isn't a store selling it locally (where are you located?). I cna't speak to any other cleaners as these are the only two I've worked with. My father-in-law has a Kreepy-Krawly and he's had to do some maintenance on it from time to time but not what I was doing with my Navigator.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
+1 The Pool Cleaner. I got one last season and its worked out great for me. I have the suction side one, the one thing I'd suggest is a leaf canister. Mine has a mesh bag inside that catches larger debris and keeps it from getting to the pump or filter. Otherwise, you'll find the pump strainer basket filing up pretty quick. (this probably goes for nearly any suction side cleaner not just the pool cleaner)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.