Help with wiring/setup Cover-Pools Acc. Board & EasyTouch

jhav

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 29, 2011
I did some searching and could not locate a response to this one. I have a Cover-Pools auto cover installed with the Accessory Board. My goal is to have the Accessory Board ensure that the actuators for both my laminar jets and my slide are in the 'off' position whenever the pool cover is closed.

I only have a single pump --- e.g. I do not have a separate 'water feature' pump. I was hoping that somebody knew a way to wire my setup in such a way that I could program the EasyTouch system to perform the closing of the valves (if necessary) when the cover closes. I called Pentair support and they told me that the EasyTouch could not control the cover as this is a safety concern ---- NOTE: I am not looking to use the EasyTouch to control the opening/closing of the cover -- I only want the EasyTouch to be able to 'know' that the cover is closed and to then shut the actuators if necessary.

All I have now are the wiring diagrams that CoverPools provided - if I cannot find a better solution, I will follow the directions for "Wiring Acc Board to Jandy/Compool Valve w/ Control Panel" (600273) -- but this involves the splicing of several wires and will not enable any control of the actuators from the EasyTouch itself. Does anybody know of a more elegant solution - e.g. using the COM port in the EasyTouch to gain programmatic control? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.