Fence Gate Requirements

thadius65

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
My pool project is nearly done. The fence is basically the final piece and I have some questions about the gates. I had a 6' vinyl privacy fence installed. This included (2) 4'widex6' high gates to form an 8' gate. Also at the back of my fence I have (1) 4'widex6' high gate and finally at the front (main entrance) is a 4'widex5' high gate. They are still in the process of completing the latches, but it appears as the one back gate (swings out) has one of the reach over to open magna latches. The odd thing is the latch is outside the pool area. How is one supposed to exit the pool area with a latch like this? Is this installed correctly? The double gate only has the bottom (drop in the ground) type stops, so not sure what to expect? The main entrance is currently only hinged with no latch, but now I am worried about what to expect as this is what we use as main entrance to the house (back door).

Any help with how these are to be installed (pics if you have) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ted

It is unusual for find magna locks on the back gate. Normal latches are in fact on the outside. A simple solution is to tie a string to the catch and run the string through the panel. Tie a weight to the string so it doesn't go back to the latch side of the panel. Pull the string to release the latch. Make sure it's elevated high enough so the string doesn't extend below the local code mandated height.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.