How to dissemble Pentair Easy Touch 8 button remote

Dec 22, 2011
How do you dissemble the case on a Pentair Easy Touch remote? I have a battery tray that has broken that I can replace by soldering a connection to the circuit board, but I can't get the case open. I have taken the battery cover off, but I do not see any other screws or clips that would hold the two halves of the case together. Any ideas?

I have the same problem. Short of spending $325 I am going to cut mine open with a dremel and epoxy it back together. Pentair knows this is a common problem but has no fix other than buy a new one. Nice gig if you can get it... $3 worth of epoxy and 10 cents worth of solder and it will work again. I will post my results.

Try this before you open it. This worked for me. Open the battery compartment in the back. Take a hair dryer and blow air between the tiny gap that you can see the green circuit board. Try different heat levels for a couple of minutes. Let the remote sit for 30 secs and then put the batteries again and try. Good luck!!

If it turns out that you have to replace the remote, please consider the Screenlogic 2 interface. It really does make the previous remote controls obsolete. You get the ability to control your pool from your PC, Iphone or Android device. You can even control your pool from anywhere in the world. I love my Screenlogic and would highly recommend it, as would many people on this site. It works with Easytouch, Intellitouch and Suntouch controllers.

http://www.sunplay.com/pentair-screenlogic-interface-and-wireless-522104

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to add my experience in fixing the remote.

It is possible to fix, depending on the problem.
Mine was the power button was not turning on the remote anymore. I used a Dremel diamond blade to but the case open. I found where the cable between the front panel and the board went bad. The power to the front board corroded. The power button is different than the other buttons, and can't be swapped with another button. I ended up ordering a 12mm Boat Momentary Metal Push Button off ebay for about 1.30. I figured out that I need to jump pin 1 and 10. This is the power button does. I drilled out a hole for the button using a 29/64 bit drill bit. I was then able to screw the button in and solder it to the board.

I'll try to upload the pictures

Reactions: ThomsPool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.