Where to buy online?

jcat

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 28, 2008
North East
Just wondering were the best prices are online for general pool suplies? Just starting out so i need just about everything, and I know there are great deals on the web.

Thanks for your help,

Joe

Hello jcat, I have links to a few reputable vendors on the homepage and will try to add more.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of snake oil peddlers and fly by night operations all throughout the pool business. I'm trying to take some of the headache out of the process for TFP users by only working with vendors who have prior acoolades from other TFP members, and sell quality products.

HTH.

Sean

PS. If I haven't said it already, WELCOME TO TFP!

SeanB said:

Sean!!!! HTH is one of the 'evil' chem companies :evil:

Unless... you meant "Hope This Helps", in which case it'd be OK :wink:

Jcat, welcome to TFP!! Try looking in the stickies under BBB to find 'generic' pool chems for your pool.
Things like vacuums, hoses, poles, etc. can often be found at places like Wal-mart, Home Depot, Lowes or a 'Big Lots' - they amy also have pool chems at a lower price than a pool store (however, do not disregard the pool store, sometimes they have a sale or special on certain products - if you have the time and inclination, do some comparative shopping for the things you may need). When it's feasible, we try to recommend a less expensive alternative to the pool store, and if any of Sean's approved vendors has a product you need, I doubt you could go wrong going through them!

While it's on my mind I do want to say that I've heard that the salt sold at Home Depot is only 97% pure (despite what the bag says :cry: ) - apparently there is an 'anti-caking' agent not listed on the bags :scratch:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.