Mastertemp 400HD Heater Install

thadius65

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
My equipment pad was made to accommodate two heaters. We installed our heat pump (Summit 8TA) and left 4' on the pad to the right of it for a Natural Gas heater (see below):

photobucket-2685-1319832488060.jpg

The challenge now is vent clearance. With shed in back of the pad and soon to be installed fence to be where the concrete tube is located to left of pad, I only have one option for 4' clearance and that would be facing the front of the pad. This means controls would be on the side (adjustable).

The vent is on the opposite side of the manifold:

images

My question is, do I have any options of orienting the manifold facing the heat pump and directing the vent up with an elbow and rain cap, though not very high? Not sure if anyone can tell by my pic, but if you have any advice, please let me know.

** Gas line is a non-issue as it is at front left corner of pad and can be extended to accommodate install orientation.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.