Bone-in pork Butts

Did you FTC them for at least an hour after you pulled them off the smoker? If not try it next time. Oh and FTC stands for Foil, Towel, Cooler. Wrap them puppies in tin foil, then in a towel then drop em in a cooler for at least an hour. Makes em even more tender. :) Also if your butts ever get done earlier than expected you can keep em FTC'd for up to around 6 hours before you need to pull em.

Love them butts :-D

I agree the FTC works pretty good, but it can ruin the bark. Another option if you have a tough butt (gets to ~190F and bone doesn't twist with no resistance), foil it (wrap in foil with some apple juice and put it back on the smoker) and let it go for 1/2 hour or so, then finish them bare so that the bark gets hardened up again.

Oh, one more thing, I like small butts :oops: It gives more bark per bite (volume) :party:

Okay, now I'm hungry again...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.