Aquaman95

Feb 20, 2008
Hi All,

I'm "Aquaman" from Houston, TX. I've been in the commercial pool industry for about 15 years; primarily on the chemical control/automation/feed system and bulk bleach distribution side. I also work in water/wastewater.

I've been following PoolForum and Ben Powell for years and referred a lot of people to the site as I always felt it was the best advice a residential pool owner could read. I never joined that site because I didn't want my joining to be construed as a commercial endeavor, even though I don't work with residential pools at all.

However, over the years I've seen many questions posted on ORP, peristaltic pumps, bleach, etc. and I know that some of the things I've learned over the years could be helpful so I decided to register and post here.

I look forward to sharing my thoughts and I look forward to learning from all of you as well.

Thanks SeanB for setting this site up. It's already shaping up to be something special!

Aquaman, welcome to TFP! I look forward to your input as my boss has been dragged 'kicking and screaming' into the 21st century and more and more of our customers are wanting automation, etc for their pools.

I'm sure your experience will help a lot of folks here :thumleft: - thank you for your willingness to share your expertize with us!

*** Grace, were you calling ME 'reputable' :?: :?: :scratch: -- I think this may be the first time that term has been attributed to me :shock: :wink: ***

waste said:
A
*** Grace, were you calling ME 'reputable' :?: :?: :scratch: -- I think this may be the first time that term has been attributed to me :shock: :wink: ***

I KNOW she wasn't referring ot me! :shock: I'm one of those dreaded 'pool store guys!" ("Your stabilizer is just fine at 300 ppm. How about another big bucket of trichlor and a few more bottles of copper algaecide and phosphate remover to help keep the algae away?")

OK, since you all are not fessing up to being reputable industry folk, that must be me? NAHHHHHH......
I'm a typical salt sales peddler! I want to damage your decks and pool with salt. I'm here to destroy the eco environment.... mmoooooooohhhaaaaa ahaaaaa ahaaa !

And yeah Watebear... 300 ppm cya is good, but 500 ppm is better!! COPPPER and SILVER FOR EVERYONE!!

BTW, test strips are much better than Duraleighs test kits. Go with strips! They are quick, easy and the most accurate testing methods available in the world!

I don't want to spread any rumors about WASTE, but.... shhhhh....he's a waste!

Welcome Aquaman. We sure can use a REAL reputable industry expert so there can be some sort of integrity among us pool people.

We're all about helping and having fun.

Enjoy your time on board.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support