Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquaman95

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquaman95

Hi All,

I'm "Aquaman" from Houston, TX. I've been in the commercial pool industry for about 15 years; primarily on the chemical control/automation/feed system and bulk bleach distribution side. I also work in water/wastewater.

I've been following PoolForum and Ben Powell for years and referred a lot of people to the site as I always felt it was the best advice a residential pool owner could read. I never joined that site because I didn't want my joining to be construed as a commercial endeavor, even though I don't work with residential pools at all.

However, over the years I've seen many questions posted on ORP, peristaltic pumps, bleach, etc. and I know that some of the things I've learned over the years could be helpful so I decided to register and post here.

I look forward to sharing my thoughts and I look forward to learning from all of you as well.

Thanks SeanB for setting this site up. It's already shaping up to be something special!
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome to the forum. Your knowledge and expertise is welcome and appreciated. BTW, I have changed your ranking to "In the Industry"

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Hey, Aquaman,

Welcome! Your knowledge of peristaltic pumps will be a topic of great interest as so many of us are interested in chlorine feeders. We're glad you're here.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Your knowledge will surely help someone, and we welcome reputable industry guys! Right Duraleigh, Waterbear, Waste, and Poolsean (to name a few)???

Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5

Aquaman, welcome to TFP! I look forward to your input as my boss has been dragged 'kicking and screaming' into the 21st century and more and more of our customers are wanting automation, etc for their pools.

I'm sure your experience will help a lot of folks here - thank you for your willingness to share your expertize with us!

*** Grace, were you calling ME 'reputable' -- I think this may be the first time that term has been attributed to me ***
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

6. Back To Top    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by waste
    A
    *** Grace, were you calling ME 'reputable' -- I think this may be the first time that term has been attributed to me ***
    I KNOW she wasn't referring ot me! I'm one of those dreaded 'pool store guys!" ("Your stabilizer is just fine at 300 ppm. How about another big bucket of trichlor and a few more bottles of copper algaecide and phosphate remover to help keep the algae away?")

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry
    Ted, Evan,

VERY funny!
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

OK, since you all are not fessing up to being reputable industry folk, that must be me? NAHHHHHH......
    I'm a typical salt sales peddler! I want to damage your decks and pool with salt. I'm here to destroy the eco environment.... mmoooooooohhhaaaaa ahaaaaa ahaaa !

And yeah Watebear... 300 ppm cya is good, but 500 ppm is better!! COPPPER and SILVER FOR EVERYONE!!

BTW, test strips are much better than Duraleighs test kits. Go with strips! They are quick, easy and the most accurate testing methods available in the world!

I don't want to spread any rumors about WASTE, but.... shhhhh....he's a waste!

Welcome Aquaman. We sure can use a REAL reputable industry expert so there can be some sort of integrity among us pool people.

We're all about helping and having fun.

Enjoy your time on board.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

9. Back To Top    #9
    [quote="Poolsean"

I don't want to spread any rumors about WASTE, but.... shhhhh....he's a waste!

.[/quote]
    I thought he was just wasted!

10. Back To Top    #10

Party on Garth!
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

11. Back To Top    #11
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm hard at work reading old threads to avoid rehash. There have been some great discussions here.
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

12. Back To Top    #12
    Welcome Aquaman

We newbies really appreciate all the wonderful help we get from the TFP gurus! Not only that, they are all kinda crazy and we love that, too!

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!