Intelliflo VS primer time out

Dec 7, 2011
Hi,

Two weeks ago I installed a Pentair Intelliflo VS pump (model 011018) and after programming it to run for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening at 2000 rpm, and for 4 hours mid day at 750rpm. It worked flawlessly for these two weeks, but today I went out midday and noticed it not running. When I checked the screen it said Primer time out. I started it manually and it countinue to try to prime for about 4 minutes when I shut it off. I had changed nothing since installing. I am considering altering the primer sensitivity as it is on the default of 1 (but I didn't have problems the first 2 weeks). We shall see. It is not blowing air bubbles out into the pool either. Sounds like a related problem. Any assistance would be appreciated before I call in a warranty claim. TIA

dpinning, welcome to TFP! :wave:
If it didn't prime after 4 minutes, something is wrong. Usually it's something easy - check to make sure that valves on the suction side aren't closed, your skimmer isn't stuffed full of leaves, water level is halfway up the skimmer, and that the gasket on the pump basket lid is properly seated. Those are the real easy things, so give them a try first and see if you can't get it pumping!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.