spa command install problems.

Lershac

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 1, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi all... Installing a pentair spa command remote by the spa. Wiring has been checked... connection seems good. But when I power on the system and try to assign an id to it, there is no display on the remote, no lights no nothing.

Any help?

Have you tried wiring it to the other COM port? Do you have any other spa controls or COM devices connected?

You should be getting 15VDC across the black and red wires (terminals 1 and 4) which should at least give you power/light I'd imagine.

Thanks. I will check that.

I have two pumps, a heater and a screen logic, and a swg all connected to one com port. This was the only thing connected to the 2nd com port b/c the terminal strips I used to connect all that to the other port were full.

I'd assume the 15v track is the same for both COM ports, but I'm not sure. The more likely problem is the amount of stuff connected. Pentair makes an expansion COM module (PDF) for $50. P/N 520818. I've never needed one but I also don't recall ever trying to double up on one COM port. Perhaps someone who puts these things in more regularly can chime in. In the meantime I'd try disconnecting everything but the spa command just to see if you got a response from it, then start reconnecting accessories one at a time.

So I checked voltage, its getting the correct voltage, made a short cable for it and connected standing at the control panel.. still dead as a doornail. submitted a warranty request with pentair. Hope they arent as slow as their online reputation....

The expansion com module is just a fancy terminal strip, so I just used a terminal strip.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.