tcpiii in Charlotte

tcpiii

Feb 24, 2008
Charlotte NC
Greetings! I bought my present residence in 2002 which, somewhat to my dismay at the time, came with a pool. But my 5 boys were delighted. After most of a season pouring in a fortune of baquacil products and still rarely being able to see the bottom drain, I found poolforum.com and braved the conversion. Pool management has been relatively simple since then, and much, much cheaper. Furthermore, I now love our pool! Last summer, I lamented the demise of poolforum.com, but never came over here. Thanks for creating the new forum.

I opened my pool on Sunday Mar 2 even though the water was still only 50 - just got tired of looking at the pool cover. Other than being cold, the water was in good shape - still 3ppm FC, 43 CYA, TA 100, low ph at 6.7 (my fill water from a well is acidic) but a couple of boxes of borax fixed that. I found a lot of small blue particles in the skimmer sock - after a few minutes of puzzlement, I figured out that they came from the bottom of the deteriorating winter cover. . . . now, after a couple of days of filtering, they're basically all gone.

I'll post a picture once the leaves come out on the (too many!) trees surrounding the pool.

Coty

Hi, Coty,

Good to have another North Carolinian. The Texans currently have everyone outnumbered here but they feel that's the natural order of the universe so we just humor 'em. :lol: :lol: