Astral multiport valve leak

Sep 13, 2010
Greetings,
Have a slight leak from under the top cover of the valve. At the outer edge of the valve body,
where the cover fits the body. Which gasket(s) should I be looking to replace? Also, how does the top come off? (i.e. remove handle, remove clip, unscrew or other means). Thanks....

You just ned the multiport "spider" gasket underneath. Some of those have a pin/latch to pull out before you can just simply unscrew them. It should be very obvious around the outside edge of it. Handle stays in place, the whole thing unscrews.

Welcome to TFP!!

Sounds to me like the housing o- ring is bad or the screws are loose.

Before playing with the valve, please turn off the pump and make sure it won't come on (like from a timer) while you are messing with it! For starters, try tightening the screws that secure the top (do them in pairs E -W, N -S, etc. - keep ~ even pressure on the o-ring, as opposed to starting with one and working clockwise around).

Do you have the model # of the valve? With that we can look up the correct o- ring for your unit. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.