Test kit and Options

msujohn

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 10, 2011
Frisco, Texas
I just signed on my pool contract today and should break ground in a few weeks. I'd like to make sure I get the correct test kit and options to be ready. I know I will order from tftestkits.net. Just want to make sure I get everything I need. I will have a pool with a Aquapure salt cell. I also plan to add borates when I get the chemistry correct.

Here is what I plan to get.

- TF100 (do I need the xl)?
- Taylor K 1776 salt test?
- Borates test strips

Am I missing anything? I read through pool school several times and am sure I will have more questions when I start to test my water.

msujohn,

The XL option was originally intended for folks with green pools who will use a LOT of the two most expensive reagents. However, it is also the cheapest way to get those reagents so a lot of folks order it because it saves a few bucks over reordering costs down the road.

The speedstir, which I originally thought was pretty gimicky, turned out (for me, at least) to be a really neat tool and I would hate to have to go back to swirling the cylinders the way I did for many years. That said, it is absolutely not necessary to perform the tests but it sure makes it more pleasant.

msujohn said:
James - why get both salt tests(taylor & strips)? Looks like I will add the speedstir to the list as well.
It's probably not necessary to get both. I like to test salt multiple ways because it can be difficult to get consistent results using different tests, but the Taylor should be fine. The AquaPure will also give a reading, so that can be a second result.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.