Aqualogic Keeps Shutting Of My Pump

Nov 29, 2011
Magnolia Texas
I've got a saltwater DE pool controlled by an Aqualogic AQL-P-4 unit. The last two days after running for several hours the pump keeps turning off and then back on. This morning I looked while it happened at the panel and the Aqualogic unit is turning off which in turns causes the pump to momentarily shut down. This is happening specifically when the chlorinator tries to kick on. On the display it would say communication error and contact Aqualogic. It would only display this for a second or two and everything would then come back on until the chlorinator tried to come back on 30 seconds later.

As a result, I turned off the chlorinator. When I did the pump ran fine the rest of the time. The pump is only 5 months old. I'm thinking it's the logic board again- I did the solder fix a year or so ago, a relay or the transformer. Any guidance on how to track this down is appreciated.

What salt cell are you using? Have you checked your repair? Also check the current limiter.

Has it been replaced with a different sized unit recently? Have you made any other changes, even if they seem unrelated?

What is the salt level?

Scott

Thanks for the feedback. To answer your questions my T15 cell is less than a year old. I replaced it after the old one started dying. I replaced my pool pump last summer so that is new. The bearings failed on the original one. The pool is now 6-1/2 years old. The salt level is 3100 ppm. I am getting alot of scale build up and was planning on draining and refilling the pool in the spring.

The motor was cutting out last summer too before I replaced it with the new pump. As I mentioned the new pump just started cutting out and restarting a couple days ago. The cut outs coincide exactly when the cell activates. As a test I did turn the Chlorinator off yesterday and it ran fine ( no shut off's) the entire time (8 hours). After that I did check and resolder the K1 connection on the back of the computer panel as it had a little burn mark. I just did this yesterday afternoon. After I did that I ran it three hours with the chlorinator set at 50%. No cut outs and no problems. Do you think that could be the issue?

Also, what is the current limiter? Do you think the resistor could be at fault? it looks like there is no way to test them other than switching tem around or buying a new one. Any guidance and direction is appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback. To answer your questions my T15 cell is less than a year old. I replaced it after the old one started dying. I replaced my pool pump last summer so that is new. The bearings failed on the original one. The pool is now 6-1/2 years old. The salt level is 3100 ppm. I am getting alot of scale build up and was planning on draining and refilling the pool in the spring.

The motor was cutting out last summer too before I replaced it with the new pump. As I mentioned the new pump just started cutting out and restarting a couple days ago. The cut outs coincide exactly when the cell activates. As a test I did turn the Chlorinator off yesterday and it ran fine ( no shut off's) the entire time (8 hours). After that I did check and resolder the K1 connection on the back of the computer panel as it had a little burn mark. I just did this yesterday afternoon. After I did that I ran it three hours with the chlorinator set at 50%. No cut outs and no problems. Do you think that could be the issue?

Also, what is the current limiter? Do you think the resistor could be at fault? it looks like there is no way to test them other than switching tem around or buying a new one. Any guidance and direction is appreciated.
Did you figure this out? We are having the exact same issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.