I have 2 good bids to build a pool

Nov 22, 2011
Tampa Bay FL
Hello Folks:

My first post!

I live in Land O Lakes FL ( A suburb of Tampa) and have 2 good bids to build a pool.
Both companies (One is Riviera Pools http://www.rivierapools.com and ClearTech http://www.cleartechpools.com) have a good reputation and even subcontrat the other when there is a big demand.

Their bid for a 30x15 pool are very similar, but the main difference is on the suggested interior finishing.
One suggests Marquis/Quartz explaining that it is smoother that Pebble, the other suggests Stonescapes claiming that Marquis is not that good.
Please help, I need to make a decision by this Friday Nov 25th.

Thanks,

Carlos

Additional questions:

The size now is 33 x 15 and 3' to 6' deep.
One builder offers Savi Melody color LED light and the other Pentair LED color light.
Which one is better? I hear that Pentair would be better.
Do I need 1 or 2 lights? I believe 1 should do it.

About the dec-o-drain, one suggests 2' and the other 3' "water hog".

Thanks for the help.

The Pentair lights are slightly better, but that isn't a reason to choose one builder over another. All of the differences you have mentioned are fairly trivial, no where near as important as the reputation of the builder. By far the most important thing you can do is to get references from both builders and check them.

Thanks Jason.

I checked the BBB here and both companies have a A+ rating, both with 1 complaint over 3 years and resolved. I am inclined to one since they seem to be more flexible, allowing my paver guy (which brought them to me) to do the bullnose/coping direct with me, to use my home builder to do the initial electrical setup, etc. I keep the forum posted.

I am signing my contract tomorrow Dec 19th. :cheers:

It will be a 34x15 with Marquis(Quartz) color "Marina" included on the price and they offer 10 years warranty on that finishing.
I will not have any screen and we have a very open area with no neighbors behind our home in Tampa Bay Florida.
I found out that they offer Pebble finishing for $2K, which has lifetime warranty and might give me more options of colors like Emerald/Teal.

Is it worth it or just hype? I learned that the Marquis should be fine, but Pebble should be smoother of the feet, better resistance and vivid colors.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Scott.

I went to their showroom yesterday and spent the entire afternoon discussing pavers, tiles and finishings. They knew that I was willing to pay the extra $2K for the pebble and decided that it was not worth it. According to them, even with the lifetime warranty, they said that the pebble company requires that onwers show receipts of weekly tests done on the water, to prove that everything was done properly in order to have the warranty honored.
I think it was nice from them to share that, even knowing that they could make a bit more money.
This is the final list on the project:

4000 PSI strutctural pool shell with reinforced steel grid
15x34
3'- 6' depth
Sunshelf (9'' deep, 4'x15') with 2 steps on the shallow end, 15'x18'' bench on the deep end with marker tiles
2 main drains and anti-vortex covers
2 skimmers
Pentair LED color changing
Marquis (Quartz) exposed aggregate - Color Marina (With extra Marina on the mix)
Pentair Intelliflow Variable Speed pool pump
Pentair DE filter
Pentair Intellichlor Salt system

Looking forward to start and to hear suggestions.

Carlos

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.