zman's Pool Construction

Thanks for the welcome.

It is about a 10k gallon pool (314 square feet diameter).

Jandy DE Filter
Jandy 2.5HP Circulation Pump
Jandy 2.0HP booster pump
Polaris 290
Laars LXI400 Heater

We went with standard chlorine... I was afraid of the SWG causing pitting on the decking. We are getting stamped concrete.

I'm pretty stoked now that I can see the pool taking shape.

Hey, zman,

Welcome. That's a monster circulation pump for that size pool. W-a-a-a-y too big. If it's not a typo, I'd suggest you sit down with your PB and think about working on something much smaller....say in the .75 HP range.

duraleigh said:
Hey, zman,

Welcome. That's a monster circulation pump for that size pool. W-a-a-a-y too big. If it's not a typo, I'd suggest you sit down with your PB and think about working on something much smaller....say in the .75 HP range.

i think its perfect since he has a spa. Its probably a 2 speed, low for normal circulation and high for spa action. then the booster for even more spa action :-D

it also looks like he has a water fall. so i think the size is alright.

but FOUR main drains WOW.

The circulation pump is 2 speed so it shouldn't be too much overkill.

No work done the past couple of days due to the weather. Looks like it will clear up today. I'll update the photos as soon as they make some more progress.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm really glad I found this site. I wasn't really sure about how to maintain the chemicals, etc. The PB told me the inline chlorinator would be pretty maintenance free. Now that I've read this site it looks like using that will result in too much CYA.

I'll keep catching up on the posts in the chemicals forum. The stickys have also been really helpful.

zman said:
I'm really glad I found this site. I wasn't really sure about how to maintain the chemicals, etc. The PB told me the inline chlorinator would be pretty maintenance free. Now that I've read this site it looks like using that will result in too much CYA.

I'll keep catching up on the posts in the chemicals forum. The stickys have also been really helpful.

Yes, i learned that the hard way, VERY hard way. :oops:

DLSDO said:
Welcome,

Pool looks awesome!! What do you plan for an interior finish?

You could consider the Liquidator for sanitation purposes. Check out the thread here http://www.troublefreepool.com/about1476.html

Interior finish is pebble sheen (sand color). I am definitely looking at the liquidator. That seems like a great product. I just have to install it when my wife isn't home. She'd have a fit if I was drilling holes in the piping right after we get the pool built.

Zman, nice pool! We're not too far from you, in Forney just east of Dallas. Our pool was just filled a week ago, pics here:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/po ... 85.html?82

I'd suggest not starting the BBB method until your pool is stable and balanced on the inline chlorinator. It takes years for the CYA levels to become a problem. Give it a few months to make sure you don't have any warranty issues, then convert over to BBB. That way the PB won't have anything/ anyone else to blame if a problem comes up.

Pool looks great! I really envy the space you have at your place.

TresW said:
Zman, nice pool! We're not too far from you, in Forney just east of Dallas. Our pool was just filled a week ago, pics here:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/po ... 85.html?82

I'd suggest not starting the BBB method until your pool is stable and balanced on the inline chlorinator. It takes years for the CYA levels to become a problem. Give it a few months to make sure you don't have any warranty issues, then convert over to BBB. That way the PB won't have anything/ anyone else to blame if a problem comes up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.