Is it worth it to drain my pool?

Re: Is it worth it to drain my ppool?

No, it isn't usually a good idea to drain the pool completely. If you have a vinyl liner or fiberglass pool or a high water table (common in FL) you risk significant damage to the pool. It is also wasteful of water.

You can "winterize" the pool, cover it up and stop running the pump, to save money, especially if the water temperature is below 60 degrees.

Re: Is it worth it to drain my ppool?

If it's one of the Intex type temporary pools it's okay to take down and store. You might want to put your specifications in your signature line.

Thnaks, guys. Sorry for delay. I updated my signature too. Guess I wont dump my water. Yes, its wasteful, but a poool is a waste to begin with, one can argue. Waste the water, save the electrical power to maintain for 6 months, I figure. One chooses what to waste..........

Hopefully, the pool wont develop too much algae during winter, I hope.

Thanks.

During the winter algae doesn't normally grow as fast. The sun is at a lower angle and the temps are cooler, even if not cold in FL. You can usually cut back on the amount of time you run your filter and on the amount of chemicals you use. I'm sure there are others here that could give good advice for how they run their pools in the FL winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.