PVC pressure test Question

If you are testing the pipe runs, 50 PSI is fine. If you are testing the entire system, you should double check the max PSI rating on your filter and don't exceed that. The filter is generally the part with the lowest PSI rating. Many of them are 50 PSI these days, but a few are lower and several are higher.

Certainly that's adequate. Almost all residential systems are incapable of producing that much. I doubt many pumps can produce more than about 40.

In a harried, 100 degree workday, I buried my lines without pressure testing them. Happily, there were no issues but that was a really big leap of faith on my part....I would never do that again and am embarrassed that I did it that once.

duraleigh said:
In a harried, 100 degree workday, I buried my lines without pressure testing them. Happily, there were no issues but that was a really big leap of faith on my part....I would never do that again and am embarrassed that I did it that once.

Man, a pilot shouldn't use up that much good luck at once!

JohnT said:
duraleigh said:

Man, a pilot shouldn't use up that much good luck at once!

And now you'll never hear the end of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.