LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Argyle, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This morning, I noticed a ton of leaves on the pool floor and noticed that my Barracuda wasn't kicking. After throttling up the skimmers and closing the valve on the Barracuda, I removed the Barracuda and its hose and checked it all for obstructions. There were no clogs that I could see. I then reconnected the Barracuda and its hoses to my cleaner access connection on the side of the pool, closed the skimmer valves, floor valves, and opened only the cleaner valve. The Barracuda wobbled a little bit but still wouldn't commence to doing its job. I noticed very poor suction at the pump strainer basket window, poor return pressure, and filter pressure was reading near zero. I suspect that I have an obstruction with twigs and/or leaves somewhere within the cleaner access line between the pool and the pump. I have already place a call to a pool tech but it will be a couple of days before he can make it out here. Meanwhile, is there anyone here who can suggest something that I could try to clear this obstruction? I do have one of those little DIY drain snakes for sink clogs and stuff. I wonder if that might work.

Thank you guys and gals!

Craig

You can try one of the water pressure 'snakes' that attaches to a garden hose to try and blow the obstrucion free and into your pump skimmer basket. To avoid this problem get yourself an inline leaf catcher and use it next time you use your vacuum. They are made by Zodiac, Pentair, Hayward, and probably others. Well worth the money to avoid problems like this in the future.

waterbear said:
You can try one of the water pressure 'snakes' that attaches to a garden hose to try and blow the obstrucion free and into your pump skimmer basket. To avoid this problem get yourself an inline leaf catcher and use it next time you use your vacuum. They are made by Zodiac, Pentair, Hayward, and probably others. Well worth the money to avoid problems like this in the future.

Good idea. I will go that route if I can't budge anything with my 26 foot drain snake. I am hitting something about 12 feet into the pipe. Problem is that it is about 38 degrees out. Doesn't make getting wet very fun.

I ended up clearing it with a drain snake. Several wood chips from the flower bed got caught up in there. I ordered a leaf trap for the Baracuda and hopefully that will keep this problem from becoming a problem again.

Craig

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.