Pool Equipment placement......under deck?

Jul 5, 2011
Northern NJ
After rebuilding/reconfiguring my deck it's now necessary to move the pool equipment setup, as it's in the middle of a pathway.

In the spring I'll replumb, upgrade, reconfigure and reposition the pump, filter, timers etc. My question is, would placing this all under a deck with approx 6' of head space be acceptable? Ideally I'd like to also enclose the setup to provide protection and storage space for related items.

Has anyone done this? Any suggestions or feedback appreciated.

I seem to need to get to my equipment frequently. Having it inconvenient would make me maintain it less. That said, having it hidden (and quiet) is a true blessing. You may have a hard decision but don't overlook the times you'll need to work on or near it.

Good point, Dave.

It would be a few feet over from where it is now, and under the corner section of the deck. This will maintain it's accessibility. My aim is to exploit the unused space under the deck, provide a protective environment for the equipment, keep the mechanics out of sight and yes, keep the operation quieter.

Bugs. Wasp nests and spiders. Part of our pool equipment is under the wooden deck and ducking under there to do maintenance can be creepy. I never know what's going to drop down and crawl on my neck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.