Small leak at the filter cartridge lid

Apr 22, 2011
Hi All,

I have a small leak at the top of the lid (cartridge lid), in between the air relief valve and the pressure gauge. It looks like caused by the weather (too much sun and heat in Florida) . Is there something I can use to seal the leak (is about 2-5 mm) that is safe? or do I need to replace the whole lid?

Any recommendation as cheap and good place to buy it?

Thanks!

Well, It looks worst, the actual leak is coming from a small section, I am guessing the best option would be to replace it ?

[attachment=0:1fa5avj9]photo2.JPG[/attachment:1fa5avj9]
[attachment=1:1fa5avj9]photo.JPG[/attachment:1fa5avj9]

Thanks

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 89
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 78
I've seen these particular pentair housings develop pinhole leaks a few times. Usually one means a few more to follow. You could try patching but it will probably only delay the inevitable.

If you do patch it, sand it well first and patch both the inside and outside of the leak. Putting a coat of paint over the whole thing might slow any further deterioration.

Let me rephrase my question.

When I searched online for the part, I see the lid by itself, (with no pressure gauge nor release valve), Even if I buy those 2 as well, I guess I need to assemble them to the lid. Here is where I found it: http://www.poolplaza.com/C-Filter-Parts ... Clear.html (see parts 1,2, and 3). so If I needed to assemble it I was checking if I could re-use my current ones.. I guess it would be safer just to replace the whole lid (plus the valve/gauge)

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.