Pentair Bermuda Skimmer tied to Main Drain- how to blow out?

blakeusa

In The Industry
Jul 8, 2010
Ashford, CT
Helping a friend with his pool. All blown out and clear - except the main drain and one skimmer.

Skimmer in deep end has both openings plumbed - one to the pump/and the other appears to be tied to the main drain.

Shallow end skimmer is plumbed to pump and believe equalized to deep end skimmer.

How do I blow these out?

Tried blowing from the pump and skimmer at the same time and no bubbles from the main drain.

Plumbed like fig 1 I believe
http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/BermudaSkimmerGuniteOM.pdf

Re: Pentair Bermuda Skimmer tied to Main Drain- how to blow

What are you using to blow them with? Most shop vacs or yard blowers won't develop enough pressure to blow a main drain.

If the skimmers are plumbed together you can blow until air is coming out the first skimmer and plug it while still blowing then blow until air is coming out the second one. You can then either blow the main drain through the second port in the bottom of the skimmer or make a connector to connect the two ports together and blow it through the skimmer line.

Re: Pentair Bermuda Skimmer tied to Main Drain- how to blow

Thanks I think the problem is that even though I have a good blower Cyclone, it is a 9 foot deep pool and will use a compressor tomorrow and keep the PSI under 20. Thanks for the response. B

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.