Ozone Bubbles

Oct 3, 2011
Hi folks,

Not sure if this is the right section, but I thought it sounded right. I've searched for some answers but all I've found is one unacceptable solution.

I have an Eclipse Ozone generator for my pool. The thing creates enough Ozone for a 15k Gal pool. It's great. Love it. I have a 12.5K Gal pool. But, due to the way my plumbing is piped, one run to one return gets a majority of the return air bubbles due to a T fitting that is angled vertically. And there are lots of bubbles. Not just small ones, but huge burpy bubbles, sometimes splashing to the coping.

I could put a valve on the suction inlet to let in less ozone, but I don't want to do that. I like lots of ozone.

I've found the Mix Degas Vessel from Del's website as a way to remove bubbles, but this is a $500 part and has a lot of functionality I don't need.

What I'd like is a valve or something i can put on this run (which is almost all the way to the pool) to degas or remove the air from the line before it hits the pool.

Has anyone heard of a way to build something like this? Or a commercial product?

Thanks!

If you're getting bubbles big enough to splash up to the coping you're pulling more air than ozone. The Eclipse 2 (the 15k gallon model) produces 0.5 g/hr so all those bubbles aren't just pure ozone. First I'd check to be sure the ozone venturi is the source for the air by temporarily plugging or crimping the ozone line to see if the bubbles stop. If they don't you've just got an air leak. If they do then you'll need to tweak the flow through the venturi. Is it hooked up on a bypass sort of like this?

There's no leak, thankfully.

And I think the big bubbles come from building up at the apex of a T and then they all sploosh out at once. The big bubbles come at like 15-20 second intervals. The flow meter on the eclipse unit (yes I have that one) reads right in the middle. It's pulling as much air as it should, it's just my weird plumbing causing bubbles to build up.

There is a point at my fence where the plumbing crosses and it is after the vertical T that the plumbers installed. I was thinking here would be a good place to catch the bubbles if there were some device that was designed to remove air from plumbing lines. I'm sure there is, I just don't know what to google to find it.

Oh, and to answer your other question, I have the variable speed injector from Del Ozone as my feeder to the returns. It's a great piece of plumbing that adjusts to the flow of the water. Works well as far as I can tell.

slists2 said:
I was thinking here would be a good place to catch the bubbles if there were some device that was designed to remove air from plumbing lines. I'm sure there is, I just don't know what to google to find it.
http://www.prozoneint.com/degas.php

http://prozoneint.com/manuals/201172%20 ... -17-09.pdf

degas.jpg

degas_system_sm.jpg

That kit is it. Thanks.

What I really need is just the little breather vent on that tall PVC Pipe. I could rig a pipe like that if I had that valve. I may call them and ask if they can just send me that part of the kit, like replacement parts.

I wonder how noisy this will be. Hmm.. Thanks for the link!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.