chemicals for winter

May 30, 2011
Hello, we just had our pool winterized about 2 weeks ago. I was expecting the company to add some chemicals but they didnt. Their reasoning was that it was too cold for any growth to happen so it would be a waste. So they just blew out the lines and removed and added plugs where needed. Is this normal? do I need to add something? prior to them winterizing I was at about a 3 for chlorine and my ph was about 7.8-8 or would I be better off adding something in early spring.

New inground pool with plaster last fall if that makes a difference

We are in Utah. right now we currently have highs in the 40's and lows in the 20's-30's. pool is free form so no cover but is currently spotless. I have been removing all debris daily and will continue until the water freezes over for the winter.

Thanks in advance

I would have raised the chlorine, but we have a lot of debris in the spring and we will probably try and open a little late this year to avoid the worst of the tree blossoms. If you open before the water temps get up to 60 F, you should probably be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.