Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Re-startup

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Re-startup

I made the mistake of never taking my pool down last year.

I drained the water, but over the coarse of the fall it has gotten leafs in it.

The water is all pretty much dry in it now, so getting the leafs out won't be a big problem

My question is what's the best way to clean all the other junk out?

My drain isn't the lowest point in my pool (never are on above ground pools)

I tried earlier this year to use a shop vac to get it all out, but even a big shop vacume fills up fast and gets frustrating.

Should I just scrub the pool walls down, fill the poll up with a bit of water and drain it several times?

If I can get it clean now, I'll have less problems later as I will put my cover on top of it and keep an eye on it.
    Andy
    15' X 4' Round AG
    BBB method and loving it!

2. Back To Top    #2
    You could get an extension hose for your shop vac. If you could get enough hose, you could just run it with the lid off and let if overflow out the canister until the pool is empty.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice. I haven't thought about that. For some reason I thought they had to be sealed for them to work.

I have a extra 15'' pool hose that I may can adapt for this use.
    Andy
    15' X 4' Round AG

4. Back To Top    #4
    Shop vacs do need to be sealed to work. There are pond vacuums that will work continuously. They have two sealed compartments and alternate between them.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Hrm, well that rules that idea out.

Any others?

I dont have a ton of money to spend on pool equipment this year so Im trying to do it on a budget.
    Andy
    15' X 4' Round AG