Bonding cement pool

Sep 14, 2011
Ma
Pool walls are cement, I have handrail and ladder going in. Can i run wire from pool pump to ladder to handrail? or does it also have to connect to pool wall? i dont see any place to connect it. This is a renovation. How do i attach wire to cement if thats needed? Thanks for the help

There should be a metallic bonding grid embedded in the cement/concrete. There is almost always a bonding wire coming off of the metallic grid embedded in the concrete and heading off towards the equipment pad. Often a little searching around the equipment pad will turn it up.

For ladders, you normally either drill the hole for the anchor cups and locate some metal to bond to in the hole you just drilled, or you cut a slot in the deck and insert a bonding wire running from the anchor cups to the closest location where you can locate a connection to the bonding system. If you are doing extensive renovations it is usually very easy to turn up such a spot, but if all you are doing is adding a ladder it can get tricky to find somewhere appropriate.

Thanks i found rebar with lug on it coming out of pool wall. So do i just run wire from pump lug to lug on pool wall to ladder anchor? is that all? or does this have to be earth grounded as well. thought "bonding" was just tying metal parts together with wire

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.