Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Computer question

1. Back To Top    #1

Computer question

I'm looking for a card for my computer that would allow me to watch TV on my puter monitor. Any suggestions???
    Thanks
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

2. Back To Top    #2
    There are many of them. Try searching for "tv tuner card" at somewhere like Amazon.com. Most of them are designed to work with Windows Media Center edition, but there are some other software options if you don't want to go that way.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Go to this web forum. Any information you want about computers.
    www.hardforum.com
    15x30x54 AGP, Hayward 1hp 2 spd pump, cartridge filter, Royal Entrance steps,Pool Rover Jr

4. Back To Top    #4
    Thanks, that should help quite a bit.
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

5. Back To Top    #5

Here is another useful link.

AVSForum
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Another option would be to get a "place shifter" like a SlingBox. This way you're not limited to just TV (you can use TV, DVD, TiVo, Etc). You can also install the software on multiple computers (sitting with a laptop next to the pool!) or even mobile phones.

John

7. Back To Top    #7
    yea but a notebook by the pool is just asking for trouble.

we have a 27" Mirage Vision LCD thats water proof out there. Once we get the deck and french doors put in with the hottub i will have it mounted on a wall in view of the hottub, gunna be sweet, then i will need Sean to update my slide show pic. gunna be some big changes. get all the music channels from direc Tv and have it hooked up to the outdoor speakers.