Closing An Above Ground installed like an inground

Jul 1, 2010
Kaufman, Texas
I know there are lots of posts on closing for the winter and that they are slightly different betwenn inground and above ground. My pool (stats in my signature) is an aboveground pool buried so only 2ft of the walls are exposed. Our deck is built so it looks inground. The skimmer baskets are under the deck and most of the plumbing to the pump/filter is buried. We've already insulated the pipes from skimmer to soil level and will wrap the pipes from pump to soil level as well as cover the exposed equipment

Which closing procedure should I follow? This is my first year with the new pool (previously years have been 100% aboveground - quickset type pools). I did get the borates done this summer (haven't updated my signature).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Mine is in Texas, buried 2 feet, and I don't close it. Just run pump when freezing...and it stayed below freezing for like 4 days solid here last year. No problems. I did tarp the equip pad and insulate the pipes just for the wind though. Should've built a cover for it by now!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.