New TC-15 installed - now system won't work. Please help.

Nov 1, 2011
Houston, TX
We are in Houston so we use the pool 11 months of the year. We had a pool party last weekend and some swimmers complained there eyes were red... which is odd because we have an Aqua Logic Goldline salt pool.

The whole story: Our system was reading 2600 ppm salt level. It was supposed be reading between 2800-3100 ppm. We dumped many many bags of salt over a two-three week period leading up to the party and the reading didnt change. After we had complaints about the eyes we knew there was a problem. We brought the cell to Warehouse Pool Supply and they said it was bad. We bought a TC-15 Aqua Rite and installed it Saturday morning (three days ago). We paid $439 online vs over $550 plus tax at WPS. Not sure if I'm allowed to recommend the online store... but they are awesome!

Once we installed the TC-15 the salt level climbed to 4500 ppm... we figured problem solved. Not so lucky...

Today the system stopped working. The equipment is off and wont come on. The system says "no flow". If we turn on the filter it makes a noise in the box, then the heater comes on for about 15 seconds (then goes off), and nothing else happens.

Any ideas on what it might be? I saw another thread where people were taking about a flow switch. How do we know if this is the flow switch? Any ideas are welcome!

Unhappy = YES SIR!! :rant:

Re: New TC-15 installed - now system won't work. Please help

Welcome to TFP!

Red eyes is due to one or two things: 1) pH out of balance; 2) dirty water. Your salt system likely has nothing to do with it. All the salt system does is generate chlorine for you.

Please post a set of test results to include FC, CC, TA, pH, CH, and CYA. Also post a water temperture for us. All salt systems have a low temperature programmed into them that when reached, will shut the cell down.

Have you read Pool School? It's the button on the top right hand side of every page here.

As 257 said, spend some time in Pool School. It'll make a lot more sense once you read a bunch of that.

From your description it sounds like your pump isn't pumping. Is it pumping water back to the pool?

When you say 'system' do you mean all the equipment isn't turning on or only specific items? If it's all the equipment not getting power you probably have a main breaker tripped. That's probably at the main panel.

Ignore my last post. It was worded incorrectly.

It appears there is power. We can read the control board. It said something like "no flow-filter pump" (or something like that). We just went back out so we could type exactly what it says - but now it doesnt say anything. Anyway, After we turn it on the pump makes a humming sound. The heater goes on for about 30 seconds. And then everything goes silent. It appears our problems are relative to the pump.

Is it a wierd coincidence the pump died three days after we put on a new cell? Or is possible there is something else going on, related to the cell replacement, that is causing the pump to not operate?

It's simply a coincidence. Replacing the cell had nothing to do with the pump going out. You can take the back off the pump motor and try to turn it by hand (with the power off of course) to make sure the impeller isn't jammed with something. If it turns freely, it might be the capacitor that's bad.

Thank you for the reply.

I tried to tear down the motor to see if the impeller was obstructed. It seemed fine. I'm thinking about replacing the motor (rather than the whole pump) but I dont know how to get the seal plate off.

I made another post in the section that talks about pumps. Please assist over there in the other section if possible.

Thank you to everyone for the assistance!
Good news: Went to see Guns N Roses and Buckcherry last night. It was awesome!! :party:
Bad news: Gotta see if the diesel the wife put in the lawnmower completely ruined it or if I can just clean it out and replace the spark plug... :rant:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.