First test results...pool 2 weeks old

satx66

Jul 31, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Pool is brand new..but just posting these so I can get started on BBB!
Bought 6 gal of liquid shock at Lowe's...looks like 10% on label....
Since we just started, still using trichlor in rainbow 320 per PB instructions...but ready to switch whenever
FC .5
CC 0
TC .5
pH 8.2 (gemstone plaster - going to calculator to see how much acid to add 12k gal pool)
TA 50
CH 380
CYA 40

Borates 50 (Pool Proof -liguids added at pool school)

Thanks!

Always keep your pH in the 7's. Don't let it get in the 8's.

You need a little more FC. I would do so using liquid chlorine rather than the pucks and I would add enough to bring the FC up to around 3-4ppm.

Ok I am worried now....
Yesterday in response to the test results above, I added MA and Liquid Chlorine; the calculator told me to add appx 56 oz of MA. I turned off the puck feeder and added the MA and appx 32oz. of the LC (10%)....these are approximates....actually on the MA I may have added quite a bit more because I didn't actually measure it out, just poured from the jug...It looks like I used about 3/4 of the bottle...

This morning, I just did tests from the Taylor kit supplied by my PB...

FC 4
pH 6.8! (w/ 2 drops of neutralizer)
TA 30

I know the pH will rise naturally with the new plaster, but will it hurt anything to have brought it down too much??
Still learning....

I suspect you will be fine. If it's not in the 7's tomorrow, put in a little 20 Mule Team Borax to get it to 7.2.

What Taylor kit are you using that requires a chlorine neutralizer?

I doubt your dosage was that far off.......it's more likely a testing error when you first start.

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys....I went and got 3 boxes of borax from wally world (btw, Mule Team changed the box coloring and lettering so I had a hard time finding it). calculated the amount needed and within a couple hours pH was right back in the 7.6-7.8 range...Since then, I'm back to adding a few cups of MA a couple times per week to keep the pH from going up (new plaster). FC has been steady in the 3-4 range. water looks incredible

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.