Time to pick the the pool bottom!

Steve737

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 25, 2011
Montgomery Texas
We have already payed for wetedge altima. But I'm not sure if the extra price is worth it. It seems the altima is just a longer lasting plaster? What do you experts think. We actually like the feel of the little sample we received.

I was also reading about borates. Would I wait a while before attempting this. Is there anything I should build into the system to make using borates easier?

Any of the treatments that include quartz in the plaster, like Altima, will significantly increase the potential lifetime of the plaster. As a long term investment it is well worth it. Of course, plaster lifetime also depends on how well you maintain your chemical balance, so remember to keep an eye on that as well.

There is no equipment required or helpful related to using borates. You add borates about once a season and otherwise don't worry about it. The only limitation is to wait 30 days after the plaster is applied before adding borates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.