LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Argyle, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Having purchased a home with a pool that has a Nature 2 system, I am wondering whether or not to continue to pay any attention to this device as it appears that the jury is really still out as to whether or not it is a beneficial piece of equipment. I have had more than one pool person tell me that they are more or less a gimmick and that the only thing I need to do with it is remove it completely when it begins to leak from age. Thoughts?

Craig

The Nature2 system adds copper to the pool. Copper does help against algae (which you can see), but it doesn't help significantly against bacteria, viruses, and parasites (which you can't see) so it can create a false sense of security. Also it is possible to get unsightly stains which are difficult to remove from having copper in the water. You have to use chlorine even with the Nature2 and chlorine alone is sufficient, so why bother with the extra expense and possible risks of the Nature2 system?

JasonLion said:
The Nature2 system add copper to the pool. Copper does help against algae (which you can see), but it doesn't help significantly against bacteria, viruses, and parasites (which you can't see) so it can create a false sense of security. Also it is possible to get unsightly stains which are difficult to remove from having copper in the water. You have to use chlorine even with the Nature2 and chlorine alone is sufficient, so why bother with the extra expense and possible risks of the Nature2 system?

This is what I gathered. I have no visible stains as far as I can tell. Perhaps I could simply pull the cartridge from the system and just leave it alone then?

Craig

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.