Help me pick a pool size

Jun 26, 2007
MA
We are wanting an AG this year. We have a small yard and swing set already there. The pool area is 13 x 14 ft. I'm thinking either 12ft round or 8X12 oval. We have 5 kids ages 4-14 wich one do you think would give them more swim room and not take over the whole yard?

If your yard wil only fit a 12' pool then there is NOTHING wrong with that size, When I bought my pool I couldnt decide on a round or oval, After doing some looking and thinking I went with the round, I feel you have more splashing around room and I just do not trust the walls on an oval. Just my 2 cents :-D

Are you sure about the swing set? The kids outgrow that darn fast, the family will not outgrow a pool and the biggest mistake people make is not going as big as they possibly can fit and afford and then they kick themselves later. Our trampoline, swingset and sandbox WENT. Nobody EVER complained or missed them for a minute. JMHO.

I agree with NWMNMom, We have a huge swing set/sandbox 25' by 32' and the kids never use it now thanks to the pool. "It's to hot to go down the slid and spend the day swinging and building sandcastles ". I would get ride of the swing set and make more room for a pool. well worth the money!!!!! I would go with the biggest pool that will work in your yard and budget. It's funny how small the pool gets when they are up and running. We thought a 16'x32' oval was really large until we had all the pool toys and the family in it. it's still the best money I ever spent!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.