JohnT said:
Bad capacitor. Under the bump on the motor if it has one.

OK,couple things that dont look good! The plug that goes into the outlet 110v was burnt! When i opened the sides i also noticed that the black connection to the board was also burnt! First it looks like i will need a new board? second what would cause this. It's plugged into a gfi!

Usually it's the result of a loose connection. Have the pump/motor or circuit board been replaced recently?

If it's the wire for your pump then there could be an issue with the motor, but it would be more likely to blow a fuse or trip a breaker before arcing at the board.

Try cleaning off the board with some acetone to see if there's any real damage. Hopefully the it's limited to some charring on the terminal. Be sure to check the back side of the board as well. If the problem goes straight through the board (if a relay burned out, for instance) it will be easier to see from behind.

spishex said:
Usually it's the result of a loose connection. Have the pump/motor or circuit board been replaced recently?

If it's the wire for your pump then there could be an issue with the motor, but it would be more likely to blow a fuse or trip a breaker before arcing at the board.

Try cleaning off the board with some acetone to see if there's any real damage. Hopefully the it's limited to some charring on the terminal. Be sure to check the back side of the board as well. If the problem goes straight through the board (if a relay burned out, for instance) it will be easier to see from behind.

Looks like it's just chard at the terminal connection. I have removed the board and going to bring it into have the terminal replaced. I cant seem to get the connection off the board and dont want to mess around with it to much! Will post once job is complete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.