Looking at AG pools

Jun 26, 2007
MA
Last year we had an Easy set pool. We have a very smal yard. I am looking into either 12ft round or 12X8 oval. I need to messure yard again. I asked about warranty, install, chemicals and ladders today. Is there anything I'm forgetting? Also what is the difference between a sand filter and regular filter? At namco they are both 850.00nI'm not sure wich is better.

The regular filter is surely a cartridge filter. Cartridges get removed and washed off, sand filters have water run through them backwards (backwashing) to clean them, the water used in backwashing is lost. The sand filter is less work for you but uses up water. Each kind has advantages and disadvantages.

The important question is which one is larger. There is a marked tendency to sell undersized filters with small above ground pools. The larger the filter the happier you will be in the long run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.