Problem in line from skimmer to pump

JJSeabrook

LifeTime Supporter
May 26, 2011
From my skimmer it runs about 30 feet and then the PVC makes a 90 degree turn upwards. I KNOW that in that turn I still have some blockage. I bought a roto-rooter thing, and got that cleaned out a bit, a while back. You can't use a motor operated one, that I've found, as the bits are to big to make the turn from the skimmer, 90 degrees, and then run down that line to the next 90 degree turn.

I actually only made some progress going from the pump side and getting a tiny bit at a time, but never fully cleared it I don't think.

Any suggestions on how to clear that remaining blockage? Wish I could use a small, rubber, hose and inject some Drano right there where that blockage is, but sure that wouldn't be good for the pool.

Any suggestions appreciated. I'm pretty much at a loss. Works fine, except when I hook up my MX cleaner thingy. That used to take about 2- 2 1/2 hours to clean the pool. I'm at 4 hours now and looks like another couple hours to go, if it ever gets it cleaned.

TIA!

JJ

Use a drain king to flush out the line from the pump to the skimmer. If you do a google search for "drain king" at the bottom left corner of this page you will find several threads that discuss how to use one to unblock a line.

Reversing the flow (the Drain King, as zea3 said would be a first choice, I think) is probably the best bet.

If you were getting "some" debris, can you repeat over and over until it's unplugged?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.