The Zodiac "Barracuda" MX8 rebate issue

CraigMW

LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2011
Orange County, CA
I purchased this cleaner back in May, and the cleaner has done a good job keeping our pool clean since that time. However, part of what swayed me to purchase this cleaner was a promised $100 rebate. I filled out the appropriate info on the rebate card, and mailed this along with the warranty card and all other items that were listed on the rebate instructions. However, I never received my rebate. I went to the Zodiac website to check the status of my rebate, and it was listed that I did not include the warranty card, which is not true as I spent over 30 minutes preparing the documents for mailing. I am wondering if anyone else has failed to receive their rebate for purchase of this unit. Given this, my recommendation for this unit is muted somewhat by what I believe is a wrongdoing on the part of Zodiac, or their rebate vendor.

I know that you think that it probably won't help, but it sure wouldn't hurt to try calling Zodiac and speaking to an actual person. Did you retain copies of the warranty card, UPC, and receipt for the purchase? If I am sending off for a sizable rebate such as the one that you describe, I always keep copies of those things for purposes such as this.

Craig, I agree their rebate program is a Royal PITA! :grrrr:
:rant: It is obviously handled by a 3rd party company that makes it much harder than it needs to be for a legitimate buyer to get their rebate.
I think they're betting most people either will give up or forget about it.
Hopefully someone from Zodiac will straighten it out for you.
I'll bet they've heard many complaints on this deal.

Best of luck,
John

So, you all were correct. I called in and spoke to a live person. He simply had me cite my serial number, and then approved the rebate which I should get in the usual 4-6 weeks.

This greatly restores my faith in Zodiac. BTW, my MX8 is still chugging along and keeping my pool clean. I also just replaced my 2.0 HP Whisperflo with a 3.0 HP Pentair IntelliFlo (the new version). I think there were some plumbing issues with the old pump, because the new one seems to prime much better and pulls way more water through the MX8. It's now just wizzing around the pool doing a great job of picking up dirt and sunken leaves. Great product! Thanks Zodiac!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.