Polaris gets stuck

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
I have a question. Lately when I have been using my polaris when it gets caught in one particular corner it just gets stuck. Basically it will start going up the wall and will not move from that corner at all. That is the only corner that i does it in. So I have to go out and move it from that corner and then it runs just fine. Also sometimes it gets suck on the step as well and it is like it can not grip the stairs. So my thought is for the corner maybe I do not have a long enough hose and it bends a little therefore restricing proper water flow to it to move it. It does not kink up or anything just bends a little more right by the insert to the wall. My thought it I need to just get some more tubing to add to make it a little longer.

Thanks.

thanks,
sorry I am new to the forum and since my last question figured out all the pool detail is in your profile. What I suggest is that you look at the cleaner compared to what is on the Polaris website. It should be easy for you to figure out which one it is, eg 360/380/280/480 and so on. I don't see a booster pump on your profile so if it is a pressure cleaner with 3 wheels, it is the 360 which runs without a booster pump. If it works off the suction line it is a 340 or ATV if it has wheels.

cleaner designer said:
thanks,
sorry I am new to the forum and since my last question figured out all the pool detail is in your profile. What I suggest is that you look at the cleaner compared to what is on the Polaris website. It should be easy for you to figure out which one it is, eg 360/380/280/480 and so on. I don't see a booster pump on your profile so if it is a pressure cleaner with 3 wheels, it is the 360 which runs without a booster pump. If it works off the suction line it is a 340 or ATV if it has wheels.

Well I have a booster pump and it has three wheels and one small wheel on the side that has 2 wheels.

Yes this is the 280. It is a very reliable workhorse. Step 1 download the manual from the website if you don't have one and follow the troubleshooting sequence. The new models have the same mechanisms and operating instructions. I think you should check for a leaky float by taking it off and shaking to hear if water swish inside. Adjust the float about 1 inch from the mast pipe. So push it all the way in and then pull back about an inch. If it still get stuck adjust the thrust jet at the back by slightly loosing the screws on around the base of the jet and play around with it until it covers the pool properly. Hope this helps.

cleaner designer said:
Looks like your float has bite marks. Could cause a leak. The positioning looks good. Does the sweephose at the back function correctly with a gentle sweeping motion? It can be adjusted up and down with the metal screw on the side.

Yes the float does have bite marks on it so you are correct there. The sweep sweeps just fine with no issues. So should I start by replacing that float football looking thing on the back?

duraleigh said:
Uh-oh! I think that handsome, 4-legged critter in the pics may be withholding some information about that! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You are correct sir she is the reason.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I guess the floater thing may have been the problem. Been running for over and hour and has not gotten stuck yet. The only issue I have noticed is that it likes to go side to side in the deep end a lot, but will eventually come around the whole pool. I guess I may need to adjust the screws on the thrust adjustment?

Thanks everyone for the help.

Ok another problem I am having is the polaris seems to like to go side to side in the deep end. It will stay down there for like 10 minutes at a time and then will move to the shallow end and then right back to the deep end and the side to side again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.