Hayward vs Pentair

Oct 20, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am considering installing a 15'X30'X54" Sharkline above ground pool in my backyard. I have 2 quotes from 2 different stores. The first one recommends a HaywardCC1000 series XStream filtration system with a 100 ft2 cartridge filter and a Hayward 1hp power-flo matrix pump and adding a pool frog for reduced chemical use. The other one recommends Pentair cartridge filter system with 1.5hp pump and adding a power ionizer to reduce chemicals use.
Can anyone help with feedback about the 2 systems? Cost is similar.

Also, has anyone heard of/ used Spectralight UV system?

Thank you,

CD

First you should tell both of them to keep their Frog or Ionizer. They'll cause you nothing but problems, and the ionizer is of no use on and outdoor residential pool.

Do you know what size the Pentair filter is? Whatever it is, the pump is too big for that pool. Also insist on a 2-speed pump no matter which system you go with.

I go with at least a 200 sqft filter and a 2-speed 1 hp pump. Either brand will serve you well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.