First Time Closing AGP - Tons of Questions!

FastCougar

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2011
Eastern Panhandle of WV
I have a 27' AGP and will be closing it soon and need to buy a cover. I'm curious as to which to buy since I have seen solid (water pools on top) and mesh (filters debris, but lets water past). If you had to do it over again, which would you get and why? Also, Should I cover the water with the solar blanket or should I roll that up and store it with the pump & filter? Last, I have a 100 sq/ft media filter and was wondering after cleaning, should I store it in a water filled container or allow it to dry out as well? Thanks in advance!

My personal preference is a solid cover. I opened our pool this year and it was perfectly clear. A mesh would allow dust, etc. into the pool over the winter. I roll up the solar cover on the reel and store it in the shop. You can store the cartridge dry.

It depends how much water is in the pool, if you have it high (like if you are using an aquador) it will probably touch the surface even when dry. If you have the water level below the skimmer it will probably only touch when a rain load gets on the cover. Regardless putting the auto-pump in the center of the cover will weight it down and the goal is to have the rain water want to collect around the pump so you are not left with deep puddles are parts of the cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.