$5300 for solar heating for my pool - is this a good deal?

Jul 16, 2011
I got a bid from Son Energy for 450 sq ft of solar heating panels for my roof to heat my pool. Is this a good deal? Does anyone know about solar heating?

Attachments

• sadads.jpg
    sadads.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 332
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 332
Re: $5300 for solar heating for my pool - is this a good dea

I recently put in 6ea 4' x 12' helicol panels, for just the panels, mtg, and plumbing was $3500. The sys was stubbed for solar at the equip pad and the automation was already in place.

I did my own solar install last April and installed 5 Aquasol panels 4' x 12'. It took a week of evenings after work and a Saturday morning to do it all myself. I learned all I needed to know from the manual, TFP posts, and a couple of other web sites with good cartoon explanations. It really was not all that difficult and I literally did it all myself. We already use a Pentair Easytouch control system so automation was built in and ready to go from the start. We spent just under $2000 on the entire project including PVC, fittings, & valve actuator. It works great and we were swimming in 83 degree water this past weekend (we also use a solar cover in fall & spring). Really, it depends on what you want. Either way, I'd get several estimates and compare them to find the best solution for your situation.

That may be inline. I paid $3150 for 192 sq ft, Aquatherm panels and believe me it is worth it. We keep the pool at 88-92 degrees and we love it. Look at out solar install in the sig bar :cheers: :cheers:

Son Energy offers a $500 rebate if referred by angies list.
They seem to do an OK job.
We had 550 sq ft of heliocool installed by Son Energy for a new pool for ~$6,700.

MattM said:
Son Energy offers a $500 rebate if referred by angies list.
They seem to do an OK job.
We had 550 sq ft of heliocool installed by Son Energy for a new pool for ~$6,700.

Hi Matt, do you have another company you recommend? Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.