Intex 16' x 48" metal frame pool wood-grain enclosure help

CON

May 12, 2011
[attachment=0:shkcdi1r]SequoiaSpiritbackground.jpg[/attachment:shkcdi1r]I have a pool like the one in the photo.I have drained my pool below the holes on the pool and put in the winter plugs.I tried a couple ways to attach the cheap intex cover and keep it in place with the low water level.This weekend the wind was blowing hard and it destroyed the cover. I want to get a new winter cover so I can keep the remaining water clean this winter.I think a new winter cover will just blow around and be destroyed also.I have the pump and hoses stored inside for winter.The water is still nice and clear. I am just stirring in a little bleach as the sun eats it away.Any suggestions on a cover and how to keep it in place during high winds ?

Attachments

• SequoiaSpiritbackground.jpg
    SequoiaSpiritbackground.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 142
Re: Intex 16' x 48" metal frame pool wood-grain enclosure he

Where are you located and what kind of winter weather do you get? It might be more trouble/expense than its worth to keep the pool up. A cover can cost more than the water and chemical balance. Clearing algae in the spring with an intex cartridge would be difficult. If you want to keep the pool up I would reccomend upgrading to the intex sand filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.