Test tube measures consistent?

kjdiver

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2009
Virginia
I have bought several tests, replacement tests, and obviously the TFP test kit...all through TFP. I now have 5 test tubes with ml measurements on the side. Of the 5, 3 are equal measurements when I fill it with 25ml. The 25ml poured into the other 2 tubes are closer to 30ml.

1. Am I crazy?
2. What tubes do I use??? How screwed up have my tests been for the last 2 years?
3. Shouldn't all the test tubes be labeled accurately?
3. Kinda feeling crazy!

Thanks!

See if you can get your hands on a syringe. A 10 ml syringe would be useful in helping you determine which tube's measurements are closest to being correct.

Class-A volumetric flasks are available in 25 mL sizes however you can't really use them for titrations and such, but they contain precisely 25 mL.
You have different types of labware, "To Dispense" and "To Contain". (Flasks are "To Contain" or "To Dispense", empty one in a Taylor 9198 and observe that the 9198 is bang on).
It also helps to view the meniscus behind a white card inscribed with a dark line.
Best is to weigh the water, 25 mL weighs 25 grams.

I'm in the medical field and have access to 60 ml blunt tip syringes. These are great because I take a sample from the pool and can get a PH and FC test with it. I use a 20 ml syringe for the CYA test. It would be great if these syringes could be included in the TF-100 to help people get more accurate results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.