Winter Maintenance Question

joel0711

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2010
East Tennessee, 40 miles west of Knoxville Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Closing the pool in the next couple of weeks. Water temperature is approaching 60 degrees. Leaves from tall oakes near the pool have just began to fall. I'm holding off closing long as possible. Last year's opening was to a green monster but chlorine,brushing,and a good test kit took care of that in approx. one week. During the winter I drain water from pool a few times. When I drain with sump pump would it be advisable to test and add some 12.5% chlorine or 6% in front of the sump pump with the drain hose circulating water in the pool or am I flirting with fading my liner. Is it better to wait until opening to deal with algae instead of trying to keep in down before late spring opening with chlorine addition every 3 to 4 weeks??? Thanks for the advise!! Done my first opening last year following advise here, went perfect.........

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.