What robotic company has the best warranty?

Jul 13, 2011
I was about to order an Aquabot to deal with my fall leaf issues (its really out of control!). However, I found some reviews of their customer service. Specifically that they were masters at the art of not honoring a warranty and would find excuses (like a normal wear and tear exclusion) to get out of warranty repairs.

I have read over and over that ALL robots break down, its just a matter of time. So to me, warranty is big an issue. The reason I was looking at Aquabot in the first place is that they offer 3-4 year warranties on some of their products.

So I would be interested in what your opinions are about the best warrantied cleaners and any stories related to it.

TIA

Dan

The Blue Diamond has a pretty good warranty. I'm not sure if they have an extended warranty but the robot spent almost it's entire life submerged, it's faded and worn etc. It would break eventually and they would send it back to the company under warranty.

Regardless of warranty, keeping your chemicals balanced; taking the robot out and putting it back on it's stand out of the sun and away from chemicals is a good way to prolong it's life. Don't forget too that when it does break it usually not a huge part just like elastic bands etc.

blue diamond is aquatron and those guys are top notch. I don't know about the other guy, but when mine broke it was always the motors or the power supply.

I've found that leaving it in the pool and keeping the power supply in the house seems to work better than anything else. if you take it out of the pool and have a place where it doesn't get in sun, I guess that would work too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.