Just how loud is an Intellipro?

marksatex

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 14, 2011
San Antonio
We are about to make our choice of PB and design. One guy uses a Hayward and the other Pentair equipment. In my youth, we had a pool- nothing like what is around today- but the pump, when new or old was a screamer- It was loud and if you were swimming you wanted it off because of the noise. How loud are the two above pumps? How far away do most of you place them? I checked my neighbors but his is quite some distance from the spa. Do I try to place the spa and pool pumps as far away as possible (costlier) or are they quiet ?

An IntelliPro, and essentially all variable speed pumps, is very quiet when running on a fairly low speed, which is where you will tend to want to run it most of the time on most pools. However, they can be fairly noisy, though certainly not to the extent you describe, when run on full speed. While you are in the spa and have the jets running, you will want to run it on a fairly high speed, so the spa jets feel right.Still, in most spas, the bubbles make more noise than the pump, though that varies.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.