Heating...new plaster

Jul 29, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We recently finished plaster and have been diligently sweeping. Final inspection is scheduled tomorrow for the gas test and tag and then I can get the gas installed and will be ready to heat the spa. The plaster company said that I couldn't heat the water for 30 days though because of the curing process of the plaster. Then one of the other guys with teh plaster company said to wait at least 5 days before heating the pool. We just want to heat the pool to a comfortable temp, maybe 80-85 degrees or so. Right now it is sitting steady at 68 since we filled it. We also would like to heat the spa for our Halloween party which is 20 after the plaster was done. Some friend of ours who just built a pool said it has to be 30 days to even use the solar cover.

I certainly wouldn't run the heater in the first few days. After that you could run the heater, but there are risks, especially at the higher temperature of a spa. Higher temperatures will speed up the PH increase, and heater plus high PH can cause scaling in the heater, which could damage or destroy the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.