New DE Filter Grid - but DE in the pool!

Oct 15, 2011
saw DE in the pool and open the filter ... grid elements teared off.

then I bought a whole set of DE filter grids (8 pieces). I have installed that many times so I would assume they should have been approriately installed (there might be somewhere the top manifold not exactly tight with one grid but this shouldn't cause problems).

When I start adding DE, I can see that the white DE is still flowing into the pool!! so bad ...

Everything else is normal ... Now there are a thick layer of DE on the pool bottom ... Please share with me any experiences you have!

Welcome to TFP!

You should double check that the grids are all installed in the correct spots (usually some of the grids are slightly different sizes) and everything is fully seated down and all connections with the manifold are solid. Having the grids switched, or leaving out an o-ring or failing to fully seat the manifold into the filter can all cause problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.