vitamin c to remove rust

bobby1017

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 2, 2011
Petaluma, Ca
I had 3 small pea size rust spots in my tahoe blue pebbletech. Per the advice here I crushed some 1000mg vit c tablets in a sock and held them on the spots. It only takes about 20 sec and they are gone, I was surprised at how fast, cant tell where they were now.

Amazing, isn't it?

It works on other stuff, too. I was cutting some closet shelving with a dremel tool out on the patio, and didn't clean up. When the dew hit the steel dust, it left rust specks all over the patio table. I mashed a bunch of cheapo Walgreens Vitamin C tablets and made a paste, and got myself out of hot water!

Thats the answer I was looking for guys, my kids left a water pistol in the bottom of the pool and left what looks like rust stains down there.

Now I have the answer......I love this site it great :cheers:

just a foot note .... We are just starting our season here and I only found you guys at the end of last season and you sorted out 2 years of very expensive problems for me, I am so looking forward to the summer this year, my pool looks great and I have every confidence its going to stay that way.

Keep up the good work peeps :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.